Nearly New Donations
The Nearly New Shop accepts donations of gently used clothing, accessories, jewelry, shoes, collectibles, household items, and furniture.
- Donated items must be CLEAN and hung on hangers (preferably in a hanging bag) or folded neatly in a sealed box. We are not able to iron/steam wrinkled clothes before placing them on the sales floor, so we appreciate your time and efforts to bring your items in good condition.
- Donated furniture must also be rid of pet hair, excess stains, etc. and in good condition to sell.
- Items must be in sellable condition: no stains, tears, or holes; no broken zippers, etc.
- Items must be in working condition.
Donation Drop Off:
- You may drop off your donations between 10am-4pm Tuesday – Saturday (effective January 9, 2023).
- For the easiest access, please park on the north side of the Mall and use the side entrance under the little green awning and bring your items inside to the Donation Room door (last door on the right).
- If you need assistance bringing your items, please call the Nearly New Shop at 454-6633 and ask for an employee to bring a rolling rack or cart to help unload your donation.
- If you have more than a few boxes to bring in, please call us ahead of time at 454-6633 so we can allocate room. The Donation Room is often limited on space.
Donation Pick Up:
- Donated items may be scheduled for pick up on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday only (effective February 1, 2022).
- We will pick up no less than 3 reasonably sized boxes and no more than 10.
- We have selected zip codes in which we will do free pick ups. They are 40204, 05, 06 and 07; 40218, 20, 22 and 23; 40241, 42, 43 and 45; and 40059. (NOTE: AS OF JULY 4, TEMPORARY BUT NEW ZIP CODES – due to the price of gas – ARE: 40059, 40204, 40205, 40207, 40245, 40242, 40222, 40223, 40241)
- Pick ups must be scheduled 2-3 weeks in advance.
- Call us at 454-6633 to arrange a convenient time with our driver. You may also send an email to email@example.com to make a request. Donation pick ups can not be scheduled the week of.
- Driver reserves the right to refuse any unsaleable items.
- Items for donation pick up must be placed outside of the home (due to COVID we are not entering homes).
- We will not go into a house without the donor present.
- Will make 2 delivery attempts maximum; if the donor is not present with donations ready after 2 attempts we will not schedule pickups from donor again.
Tax Deduction Polices:
- Donations are tax-deductible to the extent of the law. You may claim tax deductions for donated clothing and household items in good, used condition or better. The amount of your charitable contribution is generally the Fair Market Value of the property at the time of the contribution.
- The Nearly New Shop will provide a blank donation receipt for the donor to complete and use for their tax purposes.
- As of July 4, 2022 due to staffing schedules and new operational processes, we will only provide an itemized donation receipt for donations of $1,000+. Donors may request their donations to be valued by providing their name, email, and phone number for the Donation Room Associate to determine in a timely manner.
For questions and more information please call 454-6633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!