The Nearly New Shop is hiring for a PART-TIME CASHIER!
The Nearly New Shop Cashier is responsible for the efficient and successful operations of customer financial transactions and customer assistance. Previous work experience in retail sales is preferred. These responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to ensuring customer satisfaction and ensuring the sales floor is presented effectively.
- Responsible for the operations of the cash register area.
- Answer the phone throughout the day.
- Keep the cash register area clean and organized.
- Maintain the cash register with appropriate money and denominations.
- Assist customers with jewelry and other “case” items.
- Check out/process customers’ items in a friendly and efficient manner, and ensure the monetary procedures are accurate.
- Provide customer service to customers.
- Help create a positive and welcoming environment for the customers.
- Relay current promotions and sales to customers.
- Maintain the sales floor surrounding the cash register area so it looks presentable and clean and monitors the dressing rooms.
This is a part-time hourly position that includes paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday leave) and a store discount. Compensation is based on qualifications and previous work experience. The Nearly New Shop Cashier reports directly to the Nearly New Shop Manager.
NCJW, Louisville Section is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com